Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15


I'm alone in a hotel room, many states apart here in America from my family as I do some schooling. I can tell you, I prepared to leave the hotel to get some food and felt a little overcome by loneliness and the fact that I can be a bit of a social misfit. This is partly because I'm not content with superficial relationships.

But anyway, as my heart ached over having to eat a meal alone, I praying that if it were His will, that God might send someone to eat with me. I even took the longer route through the hotel and checked the lobby to see if anyone was around from my class. Well, I made it to the car and drove toward a restaurant but decided I was going to rent a movie and get a frozen pizza instead. I had let go of the desire for companionship and decided I was content with whatever God wanted.

As I was searching a local movie rental, one of my classmates called me, a guy who happens to be Jewish and outspoken, called and asked if I'd like to have dinner with him. It was unusual because He knows of my faith in Jesus and the like. We had a nice meal and good conversation. I am thankful to have spent the time tonight with a friend and thankful that what I needed was also what I wanted this time.

Now, I'm sitting here searching through Amazon.com's selection of 36 "free sampler" Mp3 albums. I've got some cool music from India, some Celtic Summer 2009, and some stuff from Israel. All modern music. You could give it a look..er, a listen. :) Prayer, I mean. But the music too, of course.

-James Matthews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog