Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15



Black Widows
We recently discovered that we had an infestation of black widows around our house. EEEkkkk!! I sprayed and collected a dozen specimens of male and female and adolecents for the kids to see. Also collected 6 egg sacs ( which house about 900 babies. They eat each other the moment they hatch, until only a dozen or so are left- somewhat comforting I guess.) Anyway, it provided a nice rabbit trail in our schooling. And I must say was very fascinating!



Goo










Yet another fun science project, involving glue, borax and water and some food coloring. The glue was on sale for .20 a bottle, so it provided for cheap entertainment.




Eden's Birthday







Eden's 1st B-day was the 2nd- just thought I'd post a picture or two of her. She is such a great joy in all our lives.

2 comments:

Happy happy birthday, Eden dear; happy days will come to you all years; if I had once wish, then it would be a happy happy birthday to you from me!

Thank you, ma'am, for that wonderful comment.

Family, I love these photos and thank you for sharing them here. The boys look like Star Trek characters and Hannah's photo looks very unique as well. Eden is so cute. I'm not sure how in the world you managed to capure a shot of her with a "number 1" finger up like that on her first birthday, but it was perfect. Cute lil tongue out too! :) The toy Eden is sitting near looks like a Super Mario Brothers 2 "bad guy". Too cool.

Post a Comment

About this blog