Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15


Have you, as a follower of Jesus and if you are a follower of Jesus, been wondering where your sin has gone to?

Oddly, I've heard several people debating in the past over whether or not there is a place where God says your sins are cast into the "sea of forgetfulness" or something like that. Today, I came across the verse that mentions that our sins are cast into the bottom of the sea.

Micah 7:18-19 (New International Reader's Version)

18 Lord, who is a God like you?
You forgive sin.
You forgive your people
when they do what is wrong.
You don't stay angry forever.
Instead, you take delight in showing
your faithful love to them.
19 Once again you will show loving concern for us.
You will completely wipe out
the evil things we've done.
You will throw all of our sins
into the bottom of the sea.

No wonder it's so heavy and crushing when anyone tries to go down there. No sunlight. Probably pretty muchy and nasty too. I'm glad mine are down there and I do not want to try and revisit them. I definately don't want to bring any of it back up to the surface either. I want to make sure it's firmly planted there; wouldn't want anything washing up on the beach with the tide or floating there just under the surface.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About this blog