Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15


(I have updated the photo here to depict actually food that my wife has "canned."

My wife has gone "canning crazy" and it's a lot of fun for all of us. She's already canned (Mason Jars) Kiwi jam (it's actually really tasty) and she's preparing to can some left overs in the fridge. She's wanting to can apples and peaches given to us by Mrs. Blake and she's looking for anything else can-able as well. She's like when you first learn how to sell things on eBay and you are looking all over the house.

We are all actually really excited about learning how to do things like this and be prepared for whatever the future has and to be more self sufficient. It's a lot of fun.

My wife has also learned how to make her own laundry detergent and it works very well. It costs next-to-nothing and one batch should last for about 6 months.

3 comments:

Share the formula for the laundry detergent. We've got lots of clothes to wash here.

Here's the site I found; It has a lot of other useful tips and household products as well.
http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/
Heather

Heather said she used Recipe #1

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About this blog