Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15

Well, after about 30 minutes of trying to sign in!!!! (Thank you, to my computer savvy and very patient hubby - you're the best) I am posting my first blog. I am determined however to continue trying and learning. Speaking of which, James mentioned my recent endeavors earlier. I would like to report that the laundry seems as clean as ever, and we now have several canned jars of food and preserves in the pantry; my favorite of which is the blueberry/lime jam on the homemade %100 whole wheat bread the kids helped me make last night. I can't tell you how rewarding it is to can, bake, learn about herbal remedies, make homemade detergent and use cloth diapers. Is it just because I'm learning something new, fullfilling long-time dreams, or is it something else? Not sure, all I know is that the desire to learn these things and become more self-sufficient has become overwhelming. Most likely, as I see more and more Christians and homeschoolers taking this route, I believe that these are skills that we are going to need someday. Living a wholesome, basic and simple life is very fulfilling (especially in this fast-paced, 9 to 5- American Dream- grind. Not to mention the great quality time and learning opportunity for the kiddos as they help and learn along side me. (I can't do ANYTHING without our 2 yr. old, Nathan, running to help!) Just food for thought.
Anyway, tomorrow is Micah's big debut in Robinson Crusoe -Yes! He got the lead! And he is so awesome - we are very proud! In fact, I had flashbacks at the auditions when they called Micah's name. I saw a crazy red-headed mom whooping on the sidelines, with teary eyes, as Micah hit his first run at his first baseball game when he was five. yeah- it was scarey. Oh, and did I mention that I got a part as well? Robinson's mom of course! Should have some pics tomorow- until then..........

Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About this blog