Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15

Micah and I arranged and took this first photo because we felt like it was an ideal scene. Great for a painting or something like that. We laughed as we added my glassses on the table "just so" as the perfect touch.

Chess has become one of the favorite passions of Micah and a fun past-time for many in the family. I remember that my Dad was and may still be big into chess playing. I recall my Dad owning an electronic chess board and practicing a lot that way. I told Micah about that and so he ordered one of those with some money he earned. We eagerly await its arrival. Micah is also looking forward to playing chess with my Dad someday. He and Leon play over and over and try so hard to beat each other. Micah studies books on chess and then tries out new techniques on his subjects. This picture shows Micah and Jacob playing and we've found Jacob has gotten quite good at chess as well. Even our good Nathan has learned to how to play chess, and he and I enjoyed a fun game together recently. The chess set in this photo is one that the Lord provided for free at a place called "the recycle center" where you can donate things and take things already donated. The pieces have markings on thier base which educate or remind the player of how that particular piece can be used in the game. Pretty cool. A chess training set.
Micah has some long-term plans of arranging a local chess tournament with a cash prize and some of the proceeds going to a good charitable cause.

1 comments:

Grandpa the Conqueror said... July 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM  

Here's a challenge to be considered only by those brave-hearted robust men able to wage war on a Chess Board. I'll play chess with any challenger in a winner-take-all battle to the death of the Queen and the capture of the King! The winner must kill the Queen, capture the King, and place him in Checkmate Prison. Moves are to be emailed. Each player is on his own, NO help or advice from anyone. I'm sooooo confident of my superior prowess that I'll let the lowly challenger be the "White" army and I the "Black" and the lowly challenger can have the first move. jbmatt56@gmail.com

Post a Comment

About this blog