Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15

Please forgive me. This photo is out of sequence and so please include it along with other photos of Hannah and the place where I talk about Heather doing Hannah's hair. This is a shot of the back part of her hair. It will all make sense in a moment . . .















Our Homeschool Co-Op held a session end Medieval Themed Celebration last Sunday and I thought I'd share with you some photos. This was the set up used.











Some of the smaller children sang something they had been practicing for awhile. You can see evidence of Heraldry posted up there behind them.










Here's my wife in her costume, along with our newest daughter looking so cute with her little bow.



















Here's sweet Ebby Dear with her knight in shining armor. Those two held hands and walked around and around the celebration area together. It was so cute.
















Micah was "King Peta" for this ceremonial meal and he did a great job. Leon is there on the left of him and we are so thankful for Leon's friendship. Many of the useful props our family used were supplied by Leon.

















Hannah looking so beautiful in the costume she and I looked up together online. Heather worked very hard to make Hannah's hair look so wonderful.


















Hannah here with one of her fellow maidens.

















Jacob on the left was the Executioner for this celebration. Thankfully, he and the good knight with him had already carried out the dirty work before the festival and so had a nice appetite worked up.
















Nathan decided to stand guard for quite awhile during the festival and so he wouldn't move or talk or anything. He'd asked me questions about whether guards ever move or talk throughout the week. When Nathan first started standing there by the door for a long time, I wondered if something was wrong and why he was being antisocial. I then recalled all his "guard" questions earlier that week and chuckled to myself as I realized the situation.












Another of Nathan's friends showed up in Ephesians 6 Armor and so these knights posed together for me.


















Heather had the great idea of making a quill from a feather and having a sign in scroll for the kids; and she had the foresight to assign ME! to arrange it all. With petitions made first to Divine Providence, I believe it all came out quite nicely. And my wife was right on the money because the kids loved it and stood in line to get their turn at using the quill. The ink was spilled at one point and several of the women cleaned it up quickly. It was lots of fun learning how to make the feather pen and researching it. Then drawing the decorative lettering and letterhead. We ought to take the time always to do things like that.









Our family took a few moments to write our Bridge of Hope through Gospel for Asia http://www.gfa.org/ sponsored children two weeks ago. Micah had spent a lot of time making this wonderful drawing and decided to mail it, with a letter, to the boy he had chosen for us to sponsor. But, I am thankful to have gotten a photograph of it before we mailed the letter out.









I'm proud to announce that both of the boys tested in their martial arts classes and Jacob was promoted to yellow belt. I intend to get some updated photos of them wearing their new belts for you soon, but until then I hope you enjoy these.



Here is Jacob practicing defensive moves with his friend here.




Micah was promoted from white belt right on up to green belt. Micah had previously earned his yellow belt some years ago, and so that along with his hard work, practice, and faithfulness to God, Micah was promoted to green belt.





Here's Micah when he was a white belt and standing in one of his fighting stances.




















2 comments:

I LOVED checking out all these photos! The kids look great and what a FUN TIME! I especially chuckled at the Nate/guard story, hehe!!!

Thank you Sis! Yer so wonderful!!!

Post a Comment

About this blog