Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15

Our kids are really into skateboarding. Micah is heading down a ramp in this picture.


Here's Jacob showing off his talent.

Here's Hannah skateboarding with her new helmet.

Nathan got a new "Cars" helmet too and had a great time riding fast away from me while I chased him shouting "Hey! Come back with my pizza! He stole my pizza!"

The kids went along with me to fetch natural spring water from the base of a nearby mountain. Hannah was off playing nearby. We collect our drinking and cooking water each week from one of these springs.

Someone had left a container of waterbased and nontoxic yellow paint open in the "schoolroom" and, of course, Eden found it. We just HAD to get a picture of how cute she looked!

This is the finished product of about a week's worth of family activity. Rachel and Thomas bought Heather a Thomas Kinkade puzzle and we all worked on it "here and there."

Here's a photo of Heather during the early stages of working on the puzzle.
Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have ever served the Lord as they served in uniform.

























4 comments:

Looks like everyone had fun! If only I could have been able to ride my skateboard with everyone... Ah, such fun the ramp looks like.

Looks like everyone had fun! If only I could have been able to ride my skateboard with everyone... Ah, such fun the ramp looks like.

Brian
b-twentysix.blogspot.com

AWWW!! I loved the pictures! Dad, that was so funny about you running after Nathan.. I could totally see that haha! And Eden looks absolutely adorable. :) Geez, both of the boys' hair is getting looong. I'm surprised you guys are finally letting it grow out. ;)

And I'm glad you all enjoyed the puzzle.. FINALLY, ONE GOT COMPLETELY FINISHED!! WHOOT!

Hi Rachel, I still have my hair length limits (found in the Holy Bible, BTW. As you well know and respect, I remember.) But yeah, mother recently said something about Micah letting his hair grow out like Dartanian's on "The Man in the Iron Mask" movie, and that was it for me. "Oh no you're not." :) But seriously, Micah is developing his own style and I'm allowing the Lord to grow and guide Him but I can feel the limits inside and I let Micah know when he's near them. Honestly, Micah ought to be able to feel them himself. The Lord uses me but Micah can hear Him too just fine. He actually asked Heather to give him a haircut. It didn't exactly fit what he was looking for, but he's searching it out. He's such a neat and interesting character. I love dis guy. He's a funny guy.

Post a Comment

About this blog