Matthews Family Herald

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" from Joshua 24:15

The other morning, I was making some peppermint tea for Eden. The tea had been sitting 10 minutes or so, so it wasn't boiling hot anymore, but still hot enough to burn. I placed her cup, I thought, out of reach and sight, and strictly told her not to touch it or the tea pot, and then stepped around the corner to get a spoon out of the kitchen for the honey. Well, when I heard her screams, I figured what had happened. Feeling like I had just won the "World's Worst Mom Award", I scooped her up quickly, noting that the water had already cooled to the touch on her chest( she was only in diaper)so instead of wasting time running it under cold water, I started blowing on it, while I made a quick paste of mustard and honey. This I quickly spread all over her torso and thighs, probably withing 30 seconds of the incident. 10 seconds later, she was laughing and acting normal with no signs of having pain. I sat her at the table to eat her bagel and finished making her tea. She really enjoyed that bagel, dipping it in her paste so much, that I had to mix up more to put on her plate. When she was finished 15 min or so later, we cleaned it off, and there was no sign of anything but perfect skin- not even pink/scalded looking like before. So, if you have kids, keep some honey and mustard on hand!

3 comments:

I've never mixed the mustard with honey, but I have used mustard on burns twice since you told me about it. (On me of course!!) The latest incident was this morning. I burned my finger while lighting the stove. Within a short while the mustard had taken the sting out of the burn and now it feels fine. Thanks again for that helpful tip!

So, honey mustard is good for more than just Wendy's chicken sandwiches! :) Rachel ALWAYS gets those packets with her sandwiches...hint to Thomas.

he's already getting honey mustard for me when he picks up food. :)

Post a Comment

About this blog